Yes, smart meters come at no extra cost. Energy meters are being upgraded throughout the UK, so it’ll be a shared cost that’ll be paid through consumer energy bills, similar to how previous meters were paid for.
Articles in this section
- How do I get a smart meter installed in my home?
- Why can’t I get a smart meter yet?
- Are smart meters free?
- What is a smart meter and how does it work?
- Can I switch energy tariffs if I’m renting?
- Can I switch energy tariffs if I’m on a prepayment meter?
- How long does it take to switch energy tariff?
- How can I switch energy tariff?
- Why should I switch my gas and electricity tariff?
- Why should I compare energy tariffs?