We look at the default supplier for your region, and the standard variable tariff for that supplier. Using Ofgem's medium average usage cost for both gas and electricity, we match your profile against the cheapest tariff we can find for you. We then calculate the difference between the cost of the standard variable tariff that we assume you are paying and the cheapest tariff that we can find for you based on the medium average usage cost.
Articles in this section
- How do I get a smart meter installed in my home?
- Why can’t I get a smart meter yet?
- Are smart meters free?
- What is a smart meter and how does it work?
- Can I switch energy tariffs if I’m renting?
- Can I switch energy tariffs if I’m on a prepayment meter?
- How long does it take to switch energy tariff?
- How can I switch energy tariff?
- Why should I switch my gas and electricity tariff?
- Why should I compare energy tariffs?