Here are some steps you can take to improve your credit after bankruptcy.
In the short term:
- Order a copy of your statutory credit report (from TransUnion here and the other two main credit reference agencies) to ensure your credit details are correct
- Register for the electoral roll at your current address
- Update all personal details (such as addresses) on your credit profile
In the long term:
- Increase the time between credit applications. Each application for credit will leave a footprint on your credit report
- Check your eligibility before you apply for credit. TotallyMoney allows you to see the likelihood that you will be accepted before you apply, this should help you make more informed decision regarding your finances