You’ll find your financial connections in the Profile section of your credit report. If you have a joint account or credit agreement with a partner or friend then your credit profile will be linked to theirs and if they mismanage their finances it could have an impact on your credit status. Break the link with anyone you’re no longer in a joint financial relationship with, for example, if you’ve paid off a joint loan with an ex-partner or flatmate. Ask the Credit Reference Agencies to remove the financial associate from your file. Then, if they make mistakes, you won’t be punished.
Articles in this section
- What is a Credit Score?
- Why has my score changed?
- What's the best way to build a better Credit Score?
- How long will it take for my Credit Score to improve?
- What could cause my Credit Score to decrease?
- Can applying for credit damage my Credit Score?
- Can my Credit Score be affected by my financial connections?
- Can a loan help me build my Credit Score?
- Who uses my TotallyMoney Credit Score?
- Why is my credit score 0 (zero)?