When signing up for a credit product, you will be asked to sign a set of Terms and Conditions within which the lender will indicate that your information will be provided to one (or more) of the three Credit Reference Agencies in the UK (Equifax, Experian, Callcredit). This is helpful for both lenders and consumers as it ensures that lenders can be confident that they are lending to an individual responsibly.
Articles in this section
- Which Credit Reference Agency is used by which lender?
- Is one Credit Reference Agency more reliable than the others?
- Why are Credit Reference Agencies allowed to hold my data?
- Why is my Callcredit report different from my Clearscore/Equifax one?
- Do government bodies look at my credit data?
- Why do Credit Reference Agencies exist?
- What is a Credit Reference Agency?